Are you tired of using a remote control to control your garage door? Then the best you can do is switch to a keypad garage door opener. It’ll help you control the garage without having to worry about your remote controller. However, how to install a keypad for the garage door?
It’s easy to do. In this article, we’ll show you how.
Installing a Keypad on the Garage Door
The steps outlined below will assist you in accomplishing this.
- The first thing that you have to do is find the best location for the keypad. It is usually located near the garage door that connects to the house door. However, you can place it anywhere you want.
- Then, after selecting the perfect location, you now have to turn off the garage door before installing the keypad.
- Place your keypad on the wall and drill a hole there. Using this pilot hole, you will be able to access the garage’s interior from the outside. Approximately 12 inches should be the diameter of the hole. Electric drills are the easiest tool to use for this activity.
- The cable connected to the keypad should now be inserted into the opening in the garage wall. You’ll need your screwdriver and the screws that came with the keypad to mount it on the outside of your garage.
- Connect the wire to the terminal opening by screwing it in. Use a low-voltage wire for the wire. This will allow you to connect the box to wherever you want.
- Batteries can now be inserted into the keypad control box. The garage door opener must be reconnected to the electricity once the batteries have been installed. You are now ready to enter your code.
If you want any garage door repair services, you can contact garage door replacement Windsor which is a professional service provider.
Social Links: Workdrive.Zohopublic Site123, Cycling74, Blogger, Isoconsultantsinchennai